Thursday, September 29, 2011

you keep holding on.

I just watched 500 days of Summer for the first time. In case you dont know what its about..it's a bout a guy's first real encounter with what he thinks is his soul mate. It's a relationship with a lot of good memories.Those remarkable ones you play over and over in your head. Sadly, it doesnt work out because his girlfriend feels nowhere close to what he does...and dude just keeps holding on to those memories, convinced it's bound to work out. Like destiny. Memories do not equal destiny. Ive been in his shoes. And ive also been in her shoes. Learning to let go isnt easy in most cases. Well when youve actually attached yourself so greatly because youve never felt in such a way before. With Martin, my greatest love, my love of my life, I've learned the art of letting go. I learned this art before we even became a serious relationship. He's been the one man that I had feelings for, and then was able to let go of them when he showed signs of uncertainty. Then he came back. For good. When he was ready and I was ready. And here we are. We've learned to let go so we would be able to hold on to each other for the long run. I dont think a lot of people can do that. Or many couples known how to. With him, I dont replay events and memories of what weve gone through already that keeps making me fall in love with him. It's who he is with me on a daily basis and what we are for each other today and tomorrow that makes him my everything. memories are sometimes over done that cause more harm than good. Songs are about the equivalent of that as well. But ive also had to learn to take the power out of songs and what they held over me. I've had to regain meaning to songs that I really love and not let them have such an impact on me because they remind me of someone or something. If this is something I can teach everyone I would. Stop holding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment